Valentine's Day with B!POD
Valentine's Day is a time of love, celebration, and showing appreciation for those we cherish the most. Regardless of whether you’re toasting with a significant other, your best friends or simply celebrating your self-love solo, one thing is for sure: it’s the perfect occasion to show off your culinary prowess. And what better way to do that than with the help of B!POD?
Before indulging in your main course, why not start your celebrations with something to invigorate your palate?
You could make a Truffled Jerusalem Artichoke Soup ahead of time, before re-heating on the day. Velvety smooth and rich in flavour, this dish uses the often-overlooked Jerusalem Artichoke to create a luxurious experience for your tastebuds.
- Simply fry two diced onions and the Jerusalem artichokes until softened before adding chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes so that the artichokes are tender.
- Blend everything together using a food processor and drizzle in a little cream and truffle oil until everything is velvety smooth.
- Season with a little salt and pepper.
- You can make this before the big V day and store it in the fridge in your B!POD containers. When using B!POD, you can extend the life of your food by up to five times as long as traditional storing methods. So this year, you can be extra prepared.
- Serve in bowls with a drizzle of cream and a few drops of truffle oil on top to make it feel ultra-special.
Some dishes are classic for a reason. Steak Frites is a classic French meal that guarantees satisfaction from the devourer. To ensure a flavourful and tender steak, it’s vital to marinate it ahead of time.
- Whisk together a little balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice and a little salt and pepper to create a deeply flavourful marinade for your steak.
- It is essential to let your steak marinate for at least an hour if not two before you cook it so that the flavours can develop fully. If you’re using the B!POD system, you can cut this marination process down by 81%, meaning you can marinate your steak for minutes before it reaches peak flavour.
- Sear the steak in a hot pan on medium-high heat, flipping as necessary until you hit your desired cooking level.
- Serve with thin-cut frites and a garnish of your choice! We love a rocket salad and a little Bernaise sauce to complement the flavour of the marinated steak.
Psst…if there are any leftovers you should store them in your B!POD containers for longer-lasting freshness. Steak sandwiches for days!
What says Valentine's Day more than strawberries and champagne? Combine these two romantic ingredients to create the ultimate sweet treat to finish your meal perfectly.
- Get yourself some ripe, firm strawberries and wash them thoroughly.
- Soak your berries in a bowl of Champagne and let them infuse for an hour. If you’re using the B!POD system to do this step, your berries will be finished marinating in under 20 minutes!
- Once you’ve let your strawberries marinate, take them out of the Champagne (which you can still enjoy alongside your meal!) and roll them in sugar.
- Leave them in the fridge before serving as the perfect crystalised after-dinner sweet treat.
If you have any leftovers from your Valentine's Day feast, B!POD has got you covered. You can save your leftovers in B!POD containers and enjoy them for days on end. If you’ve got any leftover steak we recommend making yourself a steak sandwich served in ciabatta for a supreme lunch. You could even enjoy your sandwich alongside any leftover soup you may have for the ultimate food-waste-free meal.
Celebrating Valentine's Day with B!POD is not just about enjoying a wonderful meal, it’s about learning new ways to maximise the flavour, value, and fun that you’re getting from your food. In addition to this mouth-watering meal plan, we’re offering an exclusive V-Day discount to make this day extra special. Treat yourself or a loved one this Valentine's Day with 10% off the B!POD range.