Below you'll find answers to the questions we get asked the most about using the B!Pod Droid System.
- what is B!POD? B!POD is a new brand born with the aim of improving existence and the life of human beings on our planet, celebrating the biodiversity and strengthening the link between man and nature.
- what is DRO!D? DRO!D is the first product of B!POD brand. It is a vacuum device that allows to create vacuum inside specific rigid containers, allowing the food contained inside to last up to 5 times longer. For further informations, please download the User Manual here.
- what sizes are the containers available in? The containers are available in three sizes: L container of 1.4 Liters, M container of 0.7 Liters and the S container of 0.3 Liters.
- does the product work with bags and containers from other manufacturers? No, the DRO!D and the containers are only compatible with other B!POD system products.
- why don't you have flexible bags? Flexible bags are not sustainable. They are in fact made of a non-recyclable plastic, they do not allow a thorough cleaning between uses, they are not strong enough to maintain multiple sucking cycles, making them disposable, and at the same time they do not guarantee a vacuum seal that can ensure a proper and safe preservation of food.
- where do you manufacture? All of our providers are Italian
- how do you choose what materials to use? We look for materials that can be recycled easily and that can assure high performances for the product, all while being food grade.
- are the materials used food grade? Can they release harmful substances? Lids and containers have been created for long-term contact with food. The materials used are Polypropylene, Tritan and Silicone, all of them are free of harmful substances, without BPA (Bisphenol A) and food-grade.
- how do I dispose of the products? The DRO!D, at the end of its life, belongs to the category of waste electrical equipment (WEEE). Check on the website of your municipality/contry how best to dispose of this type of waste. The containers instead, once deprived of the food inside, can be thrown in the separate collection of plastic.
- can I use DRO!D and the containers with all foods? Even liquids? Yes, with the exception of foods that can allow the proliferation of bacteria in anaerobic environments (e.g. raw eggs). To use it with liquids, remember to leave at least 1 or 2 cm of distance from the edge of the container to avoid that the DRO!D sucks them up risking a damage of the device.
- can I use it with hot food? We do not recommend vacuuming hot foods. You should always allow food to cool to room temperature before vacuuming.
- do containers have a maximum fill quantity? Yes, in containers you need to leave about one or two centimeter of space at the top to allow the lid to sit properly and prevent the contents from coming in contact with the valve.
- what happens if the DRO!D sucks liquid from the container? If you notice that DRO!D is sucking in liquid, stop the vacuum process immediately.
- can containers be used in the microwave? All containers can be used in the microwave having however care to remove the lid. Warning: it is important to remove the vacuum from the containers first.
- can I use the containers in the oven? No, the containers are not suitable for use in the oven. However, both the containers and lids are heat resistant up to 97°C.
- can I use the containers in the refrigerator or freezer? Yes, the containers can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer. They resist up to a temperature of -30° C.
- can I charge DRO!D with a different charger other than the one provided? It is not recommended to use a different charger or cable than the one provided. Any misuse of the charger is not covered by warranty
- can I replace or purchase a new battery? You cannot replace the battery, just recharge it with the USB cable included in the package.
- does DRO!D have a security System? DRO!D only works if it’s positioned vertically on the lid of a container. If it’s not positioned correctly, an animation will appear on the screen and will suggest you to rotate the DRO!D until it’s in the correct position.
- is there an age limit for using DRO!D? DRO!D is not a toy. Keep out of reach of children. Please, do not use DRO!D improperly. Do not try to use DRO!D on people, animals and objects other than the B!POD containers.
- how do I clean the DRO!D? The DRO!D can be cleaned with a dry or slightly damp cloth. Be careful not to get any liquids or dirt into the air vents on the back. The rings and the silicone attachment can be removed and cleaned under running water. Due to the battery, the DRO!D is not dishwasher safe.
- can I wash the containers in the dishwasher? Yes, the containers and lids can be washed in the dishwasher. Silicone parts can be removed and washed separately.
- what comes inside the B!POD (starter) pack? Your B!POD starter pack includes everything you need to start saving the planet by wasting less food. You will find a DRO!D, 3 containers of three different sizes with lids, a charging base, a charger with power cord, an instruction booklet, a user manual and beautiful artwork to reuse as you see fit.
- how do I dispose of the packaging? All B!POD packaging, including the interiors, are made entirely of recycled paper and can be disposed of in the paper collection. The expanded chips you'll find in some container boxes can be dissolved in water.
- what does 50 mbar vacuum mean? 50 mbar is the vacuum pressure we are able to achieve with our High Vacuum program. The atmosphere we live in is 1000 mbar, this means that with a vacuum process we are able to remove 950 mbar from inside our containers. Vacuuming significantly reduces the amount of air in the container, significantly lowers the oxygen content and delays aerobic and oxidation processes, allows for longer food storage as the food deteriorates more slowly. In addition, the minimal amount of air remaining is unable to transport moisture to the surrounding environment, thus preventing freezer burn and preserving aromas, such as those of herbs, longer.
- how much longer does the food last? the food will last up to 5 times longer than its normal conservation, the conservation varies depending on the type of food. For more information you can consult the table below:
CONSERVATION TIMES TABLE
Pantry +25 °C Normal preservation Vacuum preservation
BREAD 1-2 days 6-8 days
BISCUITS 2 months 4-6 months
Fridge +5 °C Normal preservation Vacuum preservation
MEAT 3-4 days 8-9 days
FISH 1-3 days 4-5 days
CURED MEAT 15-20 days 25-60 days
VEGETABLES 7-15 days 24-40 days
FRUITS 1-3 days 7-10 days
DESSERTS 5-7 days 14-20 days
Freezer -18 °C Normal preservation Vacuum preservation
MEAT 4-6 months 15-20 months
FISH 3-4 months 10-12months
VEGETABLES 8-10 months 18-24 months
- i’ve encountered a problem with a product that I purchased online.
For any problem, it is recommended to check all the problems solving suggestions available in the current list of FAQ’s. If the problem persists, please contact us here
- how long does the warranty last? All products are covered by 2-years warranty
- my device’s warranty turned has expired, how can I get support? We can always help you to solve your problems. Contact us here
- why is food waste a problem? In Europe, 42% of food waste occurs at the household level, and equates to 76 kg per capita each year. Practically 25% by weight of what we buy is wasted and for every kg of food discarded, 4.5 kg of CO2 is released into the atmosphere. B!POD helps the user to store food better and longer, decreasing household food waste.
- what is a Climate Positive brand? A Climate Positive brand is not only committed to zero carbon emissions, but works to try to remove more greenhouse gases than it produces. In fact, B!POD is part of our partner DHL's Green Logistics program, and together we are committed to using electric vehicles and supporting projects that allow us to reduce our emissions to zero. Find out more directly on our partner's page https://www.dhl.com/global-en/home/logistics-solutions/green-logistics.html
- how are you working to combat climate change? First of all we try to minimize CO2 emissions, both by fighting waste and by choosing sustainable shipping options. We also always use recycled or recyclable materials, and where not possible, we strive to make the most sustainable choice. In addition, through our communication, graphics and illustrations, we want to promote environmental protection, of our planet and all living things that inhabit it. With each order we are also able to support the activities of protection and preservation of ...
- how do you verify that your certifications are reliable? All our certifications come from third-party and guaranteed bodies.
orders & shipment
- where do you ship from? All B!POD orders are assembled, packed and shipped from Italy.
- where do you ship to? We ship to Italy, Bulgaria, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Malta, Poland, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Slovakia, France, Germany, Greece, United Kingdom, Spain, Estonia, Holland, Portugal, Sweden, Swiss.
- do you offer international shipping? As a small new brand, we are not currently able to offer international shipping. We are working hard to offer international shipping and looking forward to share this news with you.
- how much does international shipping cost? In EU we offer free shipping on orders above 100 €. We are working hard to offer international shipping for the future.
- is there a free shipping promotion? We offer free shipping on orders above 100€.
time of delivery.
- what is the average delivery time for order sent from you? All orders are shipped from Italy within 2 business days of purchase, pending availability and credit verification. Once your order is shipped, we estimate you will receive your order within 2 business days of its ship date. Shipping times may vary, we work our hardest to ship you your order as quick and as sustainable as possible. Please note, we do not ship on the weekend or Italian holidays. If your order is placed on friday evening, we will process it by tuesday.
- What if I need to change my order? If your order hasn’t shipped you can go to the “my orders” section and change and click on modify the order. NOTE: It’s not possible to modify the order if it has already been shipped.
- What if I need to cancel an order? If your order hasn’t shipped you can go to the “my orders” section, enter your email and order number, click 'Cancel Order,'and then click 'Confirm order cancellation.' Once canceled, you’ll receive a refund confirmation email shortly!
note: It’s not possible to cancel the order if it has already been shipped. Yoi will need to ask for a return at this link.
- can I exchange an item from my order? You can go to the “my orders” section and change and click on modify the order NOTE: Unfortunately It’s not possible to modify the order if it has already been shipped.
- how can I edit my shipping address? You may change the delivery address of your order shipment up to 48hrs after you place your order. Unfortunately we are unable to change your delivery address if the order has been processed.
- is it possible to change the delivery date? Once you have confirmed your order you can change the delivery date by contacting our shipping partner DHL directly (link) providing your order number and tracking number.
- what if something I ordered arrived damaged? Contact us right away through this link providing your email address, your order number and the tracking number.
- i received my order but something is missing. Contact us right away through this link providing your email address, your order number and the tracking number.
- what if my package is lost? If your package has been lost in transit, please contact us right away through this link providing your email address, your order number and the tracking number. Please note that after an order has been delivered to the correct shipping address, we cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages.
- i received the wrong item. If you have received the wrong item(s) please contact us right away through this link providing your email address, your order number and the tracking number.
- my order is late. You can contact the courier directly to receive shipment updates (link). The information to be provided is contained in the order confirmation.
- how can I track my order? Using the tracking information link in your order confirmation or by logging into your profile and checking your order history.
- what’s the status of my order? Once you’ve received your shipping confirmation email you can click on 'Track It' and see the status of your delivery. It may take 48 hours for tracking updates to appear.
- what payment methods are available?
Major payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Paypal. We also offer a Klarna payment option (link). Add a product to your cart and enter the required information during checkout to view available options.
- my card has been charged but the order confirmation has not yet been issued. The confirmation email is automatically sent after an order is successfully received. Make sure the email has not been moved to your spam folder. If the confirmation email has not been sent, your order may not have been received correctly. We recommend that you check the payment method you used to check the status of your transaction.Contact us right away through this link providing your email address and your order number.
- what currency do you use for your prices? We collect payments only in EURO E POUND.
- is it safe to enter payment information on the B!POD website? Transaction details and payment details are encrypted and handled directly by Shopify, B!POD's payment service provider, which operates under strict banking standards. Credit card details are sent directly to the bank and cannot be read or obtained by B!POD or any third party other than the bank.
duties & taxes.
- are taxes and duties included in my order total? Deliveries to some countries are shipped without having to pay additional duties and/or taxes. All EU orders are shipped delivery and duties paid (DDP). This means you will not have to pay duties on any order shipping to the EU.
- how are duties and taxes calculated? Duties and taxed are calculated using the HS code, based on the items ordered (droid and/or containers), where they were made, your shipment destination and the value of your purchase, and are added to your order total in the shopping cart.
- are duties and taxes refundable on return orders? Duties and taxes are non-refundable.
- pre-order.These are items that are not currently in stock, however they are available to purchase in advance. As we will be producing these items for you, payment will be taken in advance.
- payment will be taken upon placing the order. The items will then be processed for delivery once the pre-ordered product has arrived at our warehouse facilities.
- once we reach the 399 starter pack sold, the product will be sold out forever.
- pre-orders will start shipping in 6 to 8 weeks.
- you are certainly still eligible to return the item, as agreed in our return/refund policy here. To return your goods please visit our returns hub.
- please note that there is no waitlist. All pre-order items are sold on a first-come-first-serve basis, and we are unable to hold or reserve items.
- by placing a pre-order you are agreeing to these Pre-order Terms and Conditions.
- our usual terms and conditions apply.
- our shipping policies apply.
- how do you return my order?
here’s how to make a return:
- please visit our Returns Hub and follow the on-screen instructions to generate your returns label. Please use the email address you used when placing your order.
- once your return has arrived at our warehouse, our team will then check that the items are in their original condition*. This process typically takes 5-10 business days.
- once your return is accepted, a refund will be issued. Funds can take 5-10 business days to appear in the account of your original payment method.
- you will be informed of your refund via email confirmation.
- all returns are free of charge.
*please note that if your item does not pass our checks, you will be notified via email and it will be sent back to you at your cost. Take a look at our terms of sale for more details.
All items must be returned from the original shipping country, unworn and with all original packaging and tags attached within 14 days from delivery date.
- what items are eligible for return? We accept only new products, never used. You have 30 days from when you receive your order to have your return postmarked to the courier on your label. Please ship your return from the same country to which it was delivered. We do not accept returns if there is damage to the box or if the products has been used, is damaged or is missing a piece. After 30 days from when you receive your order, items are ineligible for return and will be automatically reshipped to the customer upon receipt at our warehouse.
- when will I get my refund? Once we receive your return, please allow 3-4 business days for your return to be processed at our factory and then 5-10 business days for your bank to post the refund to your account on the original form of payment. We’ll send you an email when our team has processed your refund so you know it’s on the way.